Monday 8 February 2016

Title sequence analysis summary

From analysing the title sequences , I have learnt that a common convention of title sequences are blackout screens with the typography on top. I have learnt that this draws the audience towards the typography and titles a lot more compared to titles on top of a footage background. The biggest shock for me was how simple the typography used was and that they are still very affective even though they are very simple and basic. I think my biggest inspiration is the tile sequence to ill Manors as the aspiring speech and moving titles ties in superbly with the blackout cuts. I have also learnt that the title sequence can imply and hint things about the rest of the film. I have also learnt that synchronous sound is very effective in building tension especially if the music has a relation tot he theme of the movie. I will especially take this into account when editing my title sequence and add music that has significance to our theme and idea.

Film Reviews 
From analysing thriller films I have learnt that tension is a crucial part and convention of a thriller. keeping the audience on the edge of their seat. This is something we are going to have to recreate but using our own ideas and twists. Also, relatable instances and situations I personally feel are far more exciting and nerve  wracking as you can put yourself in the situation. This has been replicated through Kidulthood and ill manors. I personally would like to recreate this feeling in my main task and take a similar approach to what kidulthood and ill manors have taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment