Saturday 2 January 2016

Adobe premier and Editing

Being the editor with the group, I would be the one who is going to the use the software the most. As I had minimal experience with the software, I began to teach myself how to use the software and get familiar with how it works. I mainly did this through youtube tutorials and trial and error.

Cutting:
After exporting all of the video files into the bin and onto the timeline, all of them needed shortening and moving so that it ran smoothly from one shot to the next.


This little tool allowed me to cut and trim the lengths of shots with my cursor. This was a quick and easy process and if I accidentally shortened the clip too much, I could reverse the process by doing the opposite action by clicking and dragging away.

Straight cuts:
I learned how to put two different shots together so that they flow as one by myself. I uses the cutting technique and trial and error to narrow the timings and put them together so that they cut right from one shot to the other. These straight cuts put two shots that had been filmed separately together but look and flow as if they were filmed at the same time.

Sound:   
The first and second shot of our footage contained a lot of wind and unwanted noise. Obviously i did not want that to be part of the footage. I moved the audio from each clip that i did not want to be heard into the next sound bar, this allowed me to mute these audio clips all at once without deleting them or it affecting the other audio clips.

This was also an option with video clips but I did not use it as i only used the footage i needed and erased any that I didn't need. This may be helpful in the future as I may need to put affects and locks on certain footage without effecting any other clips. I also added in a royalty free soundtrack in as it gave an eery edge to the footage. This mp3 file was easily placed and cropped to fit the footage.

Gun shot:
I decided to use a gunshot sound effect with a black out to create unknown suspense for the audience. I searched up some royalty free gun sound effects that I could download for free at http://soundscrate.com/gun-related.html 
I easily edited this in with a black out by placing the file in and moving it to its correct position.

No comments:

Post a Comment